When being polyamorous you may experience happiness in one relationship and sadness and disappointment in another. Often the partner of the happy relationship also gets involved in the sadness just by spend time with you. Lets call him/her the „happy partner“
What to do then?
Little technique no.5
- Be aware of the variety of feelings you are experiencing
- Describe the variety of feelings to your happy partner
- Ask for 10 minutes of holding the sadness together
- Then imagine you sadness to be a balloon and let it free in your imagination
- Dont worry, whenever there is the time for it the balloon will return and you can take care of your sadness again
- For now appreciate the happiness with your happy partner
Remembering happiness helps you to accept sadness.